After companies started to use their new or renovated DWH and BI systems, IT managers quickly realize how difficult it can be to operate these systems in a way which fits into business requirements – expected uptime, response time, low problem ratio, quick resolutions – and IT constraints – budget, headcount, corporate standards, and accountability - in the same time.
Starschema already helped several clients to resolve their problems and conflicts on these areas, by not only providing consultancy to find the best solution for operations and support, but also took over the activities and the responsibility of SLA-s from client’s personnel. As a result, in most of the cases, we have cut the cost of operations and support to half, while increased the system stability, performance!
But how did we do it?
- We have audited the DWH and BI systems from the operations and support point of view. As a result, our clients had a clear understanding about their systems and processes.
- We have created recommendations on the most effective areas and methods of improvements.
- We have executed stabilization and optimization projects, where the goal was to improve the systems stability, processes, accountability and performance – but no business logic changes were incorporated.
- We have signed SLA based contracts with clients, where we took the responsibility of operating and / or supporting the DWH and BI systems fully or partially – according to our clients needs. We can provide SLA-s not only on L1-2-3 support activities, operational tasks, but also performance / system optimization services or even development activities. The SLA-s and the provided services are always tailor made to client needs, size, habbits and budget.
- We have set up and operate a data warehouse and BI support team. Within this team we have built the skills and resources required to meet SLA-s. We keep up the level of professional and loyal attitude of the team to not only meet the SLA-s but also to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- We provide the services in on-site (Hungary), near-shore (EU) or off-shore (other remote locations) mode.
- We operate our support hotline in 24/7, with dedicated phone numbers and consultants (for those customers who require), and on
- We have formal SLA reviews with our customers regularly, so any issues, suggestions or requests noted by clients are documented and processed with the due priority.
Facts about Starschema’s operation and support services:
- We support 2500+ happy DWH and BI users from all over the world.
- As an EU registered company, we are eligible to provide on-site or near-shore services in any of the EU countries.
- We have partnered with Oracle, SAP, HP, EMC, Talend and other technology providers to keep up the highest quality of services to our clients.
- All of our clients perceived 30-60% decrease of operational and support costs, while the quality of these services provided to business users was significantly improved palely.
- Our SLA based operation and support model and the results achieved with it were presented on Hungary’s biggest professional DWH event by our client’s IT management.
- Since the formation of Operations division of Starschema, we did NOT lose any of our clients of operation and support services. They are all happy and satisfied with our services.
Want to know more?Please contact us