HelpSheet Generator for Business Objects (XI R2-R3 compatible)
Business Objects XI is an enterprise BI platform, providing plenty of services, hundreds of settings, complex reporting opportunities and many-many more. Of course the meta data repository of such a complex tool will be a jungle for those not spending years with it. If you are using BO for more than just a few users, managing BO environments for complex databases, reporting from multiple datasources - you may already feel the need of analyzing BO's metadata like:
- What reports do we have?
- What data is used in the reports?
- What is "this" specific report about?
- How is the data accessed?
- What calculations are built on the data?
- What if I change this or that in the environment? Who and how will get impacted?
- A Java client tool to extract metadata from CMS and to generate HelpSheet-s for WebI reports
- An excel interface to collect manual data for reports (you can add information not available in CMS, like BusinessOwner,Validity, etc)
- A repository schema to store extracted and manual report information.
- VBA Add-In for DeskI data collection and HelpSheet generation.
- A HelpSheet universe to make data available stored in repository.
- A package of reports to ease of understanding, how reports are used, how business data is accessed at your BO deployments.
- Starschema's best practices and support to get out the best from your BO investment.
- Check out the screen-casts about Starsheet capabilities:
Helpsheet presentation, PDF Document.
Download PDF (95K, Hungarian)